Meet the Fellows: Ben Wexler, Composer, Arranger
Credits include: The Insurgents (Opens February 2015 at Labyrinth Theater Company), Boiling Point (Labyrinth), lulz: a troll musical, Resident Composer for A Broader Way Foundation.
- Who do you look to for inspiration?
Leonard Bernstein, Stevie Wonder, Shostakovich, Mom and Dad, Jeanine Tesori, Oprah.
- What is the one thing you hope to accomplish this year?
Within the DG fellowship, to write and edit as much as I can to make Mark’s and my piece the best possible version of itself.
- What’s the best (or worst) job not related to your career you ever had?
I’ve had to arrange a fair amount of Christian Rock music for choirs and brass bands. Still sort of career-related. Fun for a Jew to do.
- Where would you rather be if you couldn’t be here doing this?
- When did you decide you were going to take over the universe?
On the 23rd day of the month of September, in an early year of a decade not too long before our own…
- Why would you ever stop writing, if you ever stopped writing?
Bonus Question: How do you measure, measure a year?